01.17.2023

Today, I allowed myself to just rest and recover.

Last Sunday I noticed mysel having different emotions - irritability, tiredness, frustrations. Turned out, my period is starting and, towards the night, I began feeling my dysmennorhea creep in.
Monday was the worst - my tummy ached and my muscles were sore. Both my arms were in limited motion as my left elbow and right shoulder was in pain. I was nauseous and just felt like I wanted to be in bed the whole day. I messaged my leads that I will be on sick leave, and proceeded to sleep the entirety of the morning. I didn't  get up for lunch, even when Darwin was calling me. Instead, I ate a little into the afternoon, just to appease my worried husband. After that, I slept some more until nighttime, when I joined the family for Darwin. Since I slept the whole day, I wasn't able to sleep immediately. Darwin and I watched The Invitation, which I found very nice. Vampires and plot twists, my kinda thing.

The following day, I was feeling a bit better but thought against going to the office/work yet. Darwin needed to bring the car for repairs, due to a minor accident he and Iya were in last Saturday... and I wasn't in the mood to commute or work from home.  There is a couple of things that I needed to do for work, but I allowed myself to not regurgitate that, and just BE.

My day started quietly as the kids were in school. I was able to finish some episodes of this new series that I started, that let me learn about the life of maikos from Japan. I was able to take a long bath, eat breakfast leisurely. I turned the a/c off, but I reveled in the wind coming through our room's windows. I did ate late lunch again, as I was not in the mood, but I still managed to catch up with Aki and Franco. I was also able to have a quick siesta. When I awoke, Darwin was already home. In the afternoon, I had time to go over the kids' lessons as they have exams starting tomorrow. I was also able to get  few chapters in the novel I was reading, and did another trial of a scrunchie that I was making for Iya's art project. 

All in all, it was not a productive day in the usual sense of the word, but I am grateful that I was able to have an extra day for myself. To allow my heart and my mind to heal and rest. I was able to savor the things I like doing most - reading and watching/learning. I feel my heart pounding every time I think about the work I need to face tomorrow, but that is tomorrow's battle. Today, I am grateful. Thank You, Lord, for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back story

Dear 25 year old me

02.06.2023